Preparing for an AWS (Amazon Web Services) interview can be overwhelming, especially if you’re not sure what to expect. To help you prepare, we’ve compiled a list of common AWS interview questions and provided answers to each.
- What is AWS, and what services does it offer? Answer: AWS is a cloud computing platform that offers a range of services, including computing, storage, database, and networking. Some of the core services provided by AWS include Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS), and Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC).
- What is the difference between S3 and EBS? Answer: S3 is an object storage service that allows you to store and retrieve files, while EBS (Elastic Block Store) is a block storage service that provides persistent block-level storage volumes for use with EC2 instances.
- What is an EC2 instance, and how does it work? Answer: EC2 (Elastic Compute Cloud) is a web service that allows you to launch and manage virtual servers, known as instances, in the cloud. EC2 instances can be scaled up or down as needed, depending on the demands of your application.
- What is the difference between subnet & VPC? Answer: A VPC (Virtual Private Cloud) is a virtual network that allows you to launch AWS resources in a logically isolated section of the AWS cloud. A subnet, on the other hand, is a range of IP addresses in the VPC that can be used to launch instances in a specific availability zone.
- What is AWS Lambda, and how does it work? Answer: AWS Lambda is a serverless computing service that allows you to run code without having to manage servers. You can use AWS Lambda to execute code in response to events or triggers, such as changes to data in an S3 bucket or incoming data from an API gateway.
- What is AWS CloudFormation, and describe what is it used for? Answer: AWS CloudFormation is a service that allows you to create and manage AWS resources through code. You can define templates that specify the resources you want to provision and their configuration.
- What is AWS Elastic Beanstalk, and how does it work? Answer: AWS Elastic Beanstalk is a platform as a service (PaaS) that allows you to deploy and run web applications in the AWS cloud. Elastic Beanstalk automatically handles the deployment, scaling, and monitoring of the application, so you can focus on writing code.
See: Common Interview Questions
In conclusion, preparing for an AWS interview can be daunting, but by familiarizing yourself with these common AWS interview questions and answers, you can increase your chances of success. Be sure to research the specific company you’re interviewing with to understand their use cases and requirements. Good luck!